A previously sticky point at McDonald’s Restaurants was that they failed to give Free Wi-Fi availability to their customers. But thankfully this has been updated now and it is no more the case with them. Customers are able to access good and fast Wi-Fi connection at any McDonald’s Restaurant in the USA.
In fact, this popular food chain has a huge reliable network that is giving free Wi-Fi access to their consumers. Customers can now attach any device to the freely available Wi-Fi facility at any of their outlets.
However, since it has been noted that some customers are still facing difficulties to access Wi-Fi at McDonald’s. So here is a guide that solves the problem about connecting to Wi-Fi at this food outlet.
A Very Eventful Journey
As is often the case, though quite surprising, McDonald’s had very simple beginnings. It took the entrepreneurship skills, keen observation and inventive genus of a man called Ray Kroc to convert a simple but tasty recipe for burgers into a franchise that is today respected all over the world.
When the first McDonald’s restaurant opened its doors, its founder was 52 years old However the idea had germinated in his mind, as he recalled, for over 30 years. It was while he was selling mixers as a travelling salesman that he chanced to visit a small restaurant that was founded and operated by two brothers, Dick and Mac McDonald.
They ran a successful business in San Bernardino in the state of California. As Ray recalled, they purchased quite a number of multi-mixers, and Ray was impressed by the efficiency of their operations.
The drawback was that they had a limited menu- consisting of fries, burgers and beverages. However the advantage was that they had to maintain limited inventories and could focus on quality and service.
Dick and Mac McDonald were at this point looking to expand though offering franchising opportunities. Ray seized this opportunity and plunged into the business.
Ray founded the McDonald System in 1955. He was able to buy out the business from the McDonald’s six years later.
It is a testament to his business acumen that the franchise was so successful that it sold 100 million hamburgers by 1958.
The Ray Kroc Way
From the very beginning, Ray was focused on quality and service. He wanted to stick to the original formula for the hamburgers and assorted products, so that a uniform taste was guaranteed. This commitment ensured that the burgers, fries and beverages tasted exactly the same in every location across America.
As the business expanded, Ray continued to insist that suppliers maintained the quality of inventory and franchisees stuck to the same methods of preparation. In effect, the supplier, franchise owner and the food preparer were like the three corners of a triangle. Ray likened this to a three-legged stool that could not stand if any one of the legs was faulty or cut off.
The continued success of the business, according to Ray Kroc, depended on the four elements of Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value.
Ray insisted that all of the main menu items like the Big Mac, Filet-o-Fish, and Egg McMuffin- had distinct recipes that could be replicated and distributed for all the franchise owners to follow.
To maintain quality levels, the ingredients purchased form the suppliers were continually checked for quality and freshness. Ray managed to sell his supplies the idea that their orders would multiply if quality of ingredients was maintained. They believed in him and the McDonald’s restaurant business took off in a really grand fashion. From here on, there was no turning back.
The business has relied on many dependable and reliable long term partnerships that have deepened and flourished over the ages. Many suppliers recall that they had a personal relationship with Ray Kroc in the early days.
Taking Further Strides
Ray Kroc started a training program in 1961 by the name of Hamburger University. Under this program, trainees perfected their skills in every area. This included methods to cook, store, to freeze and to serve the merchandise. By some estimates, close to 300,000 people have benefited from this training.
Also Read WE TV – THE WOMEN ENTERTAINMENT
A Strong Legacy
Ray Kroc passed into eternity on 14 January 1984. He died with his boots on. Ray’s legacy continues to this day. Meanwhile, his commitment to quality, service and affordability, along with contributions to many charitable projects will be fondly remembered.
The Situation Today
McDonalds has a number of drive-thru restaurants not only in the USA but this concept has expanded all across the world. It has perfected its traditional offerings and also added more items based on local tastes. It has also managed to give and get credits to its trainees in Hamburger University form local colleges.
The vision has been to have a thousand McDonald’s restaurants only in the USA. However the franchise has been ever-growing since 1967. Now, the company has grown and have almost 36,000 restaurants throughout the world. The latest franchise was launched in the year 2016 in the country of Kazakhistan.
A Look at Mcdonalds Home Page:
Users can access McDonald’s home page using the undermetnioned steps:
- Confirm that you are within access for Mcdonald’s connection.
- Search for the WiFi network access on your device.
- Once you find it, select this conection.
- Connect with the WiFi.
- Open your browser.
- Users will be sent to the WiFi login area.
- Press Get Connected.
- Users have to accede to the terms and conditions of this connection.
- WiFi will connect to your device.
- Users can now get a free high-speed connecation.
Finding McDonald’s WiFi Connection:
Users can access McDonald’s free WiFi if they use the steps below:
- Search for the food outlet near you by identifying your city and present location.
- Users can also see if the location offers Free WiFi.
- The Location feature also tells you when the outlet opens and closes.
Using a Laptop:
Users will often get free WiFi at the outlets and can connect to them easily. If users desire for connecting WiFi with their laptops, they are requested to undertake these given steps:
- Press WiFi network icon on right bottom of taskbar.
- Look for Free McDonald’s WiFI.
- Press Connect to connect to network.
- Users will see a browser window with terms of service.
- Press Get Connected.after agreement.
- Users will get message reading You are connected to WiFi. Enjoy!
- Users can use this connection to view their favorite media.
Accessing WiFi Using Android:
For accessing Free WiFi via Android, do the following:
- Switch on your android phone.
- Access the WiFi area.
- Get the WiFi working.
- Look for the Free Wifi access.
- Select to get connected.
- Once this is done, your WiFi status will show you as “Connected.”
- Now, open a mobile web browser, and it’ll open a WiFi connection page, where you have to tap on the red “Get Connected” button.
- Now, you are fully connected to McDonald’s WiFi network and can surf your favorite websites.
Read More on ACTIVATE APPLE TV
Connecting to McDonald’s WiFi With iOS:
Free WiFi with your iPhone by following these given steps:
- Open up the required iPhone setting.
- Find Free Wifi and select it.
- You will see the WiFi connection in the top window
- However it will be an Unsecured Network.
- Start up a web browser on your phone.
- You will be redirected to the Free WiFi page.
- Press Get Connected..
- You are now connected to internet and may access digital media.
Getting Access to Free wifiwayport:
Wayport referred to the high-speed WiFi service that was available in McDonald’s food outlets based in Austin, Texas. Founded in 1996. It has now transferred to AT&T. The Wayport service linked 28,000 websites in the USA and 14,000 of them connected McDonald’s free wireless services since 2010.
The following will help connect to the WiFi way-port access:
- Users may search available wireless networks.
- Select Wayport access extension from computer or mobile device.
- Connect to this.
- Access web browser to find Login page.
- Now you are connected.
Questions Usually Asked:
- Do Users Require McDonald Login for Sign in to the Wi-Fi?
Negative. Users just accept Terms of Agreement to get access.
- Is Free Wi-Fi at all locations?
Majority of McDonald outlets have free Wi-Fi. Separate locations may have their own terms and conditions.
- What is the speed of the Wi-Fi?
WiFi speed varies according to outlet location and bandwidth. USA outlets have good speed.
- Who is the Wi-Fi Provider?
Wi-Fi is provided by AT&T (formerly Wayport).
- When Did McDonald’s Free WiFi Start?
WiFi is free since 2010.
- What to do if you face trouble connecting to McDonald’s Wi-Fi?
Ensure you connect to the right WiFi network. Accept the terms of service.
Common Issues While Connecting with McDonald’s Wi-Fi:
If any users face difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi, just follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you accept the given terms and conditions.
- If you still face issues, use third-party software.
- If your device notifies Authorize Connection, select the Yes option.
- If you still cannot connect to the wifi network, restart the device and try again.
McDonald’s Free Wi-Fi Network Filters:
While providing Free Wifi, these outlets also protect customers from inappropriate and dangerous content through application of security filters.
If you try to access websites related to Pornography, Torrents, or those having malicious or dangerous content, you may find that these sites are blocked or inaccessible.
Speeding up the McDonald’s WiFi connection:
Here are a few tips through which users can speed up the Free WiFi speed and enjoy internet better:
- Select a location with strong WiFi signals.
- Try different channels to check speed.
- Keep an eye on excess applications consuming bandwidth speed. Kill them off to get better speed.
- Use a strong wifi antenna while using a laptop.
Ensuring Safety Using Public WiFi:
One accepted deficiency while using the Wi-Fi at this food chain is that it is a Public Wifi. Access is available to anyone close to the outlet. Since it has unencrypted connections, hackers may be able to see the things you are viewing using the proper hacking techniques.
It is wise to be careful while using McDonald’s Public Wifi. Pay attention to these instructions to keep your mobile or laptop hack free:
- Use an effective antivirus program for your device.
- Use a good Virtual Private Network service to connect your device.
- Don’t login to your bank accounts or any private data at these outlets.
- Surf only those the websites with the HTTPS protocol. This refers to secure hypertext transfer protocol. They are encrypted and secure.
- Avoid shopping online when linked to public wifi because in this case you have to provide sites with personal information, and also pay for goods ordered using bank details. This is not safe in public locations.
- Constantly ensure that the operating system of your mobile is updated. Such updates can fix holes that are dangerous to your device.
- Always turn off the Wifi when not in use since most open wifi automatically connects to all devices that turned on.
Best Free VPN’s:
Among the best free VPNs available while using Public Wifi are Proton VPN Free, Opera VPN, Nord VPN, Betternet VPN, VPN Book, Speedify, Hide.me and Hotspot Shield Free VPN. Others include TunnelBear and Windscribe,
Each of these VPNs have their own advantages and disadvantages. However, you can safely use them while surfing the internet in public places.
A review of this article will give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of internet connectivity the next time you visit any of McDonald’s food outlets in the USA.